Oh, my goodness, people. Last week I discovered the absolutely best recipe for candied nuts ever. It is easier than the honey-glazed versions I’ve posted before. It is less messy. It is delectable. These nuts rival (and win over) the hot nuts carts that are everywhere in NYC in the winter.
- 3 cups raw nuts (pecans and walnuts work well)
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- cinnamon to taste (at least 1 tablespoon)
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon and whisk together.
- In a large bowl, beat egg white until it is bubbly and the white is broken up. Add nuts to bowl and mix until nuts are evenly coated in egg white.
- Mix in cinnamon sugar until nuts are evenly coated.
- Spread onto a cookie sheet and bake at 20 minutes without stirring.