This review was made possible by Mars and Blog Meets Brand. I was provided compensation to facilitate this post, but all opinions are 100% mine.
If there’s one thing that’s awesome about summer, it’s spending more time outdoors… which means cooling off with ice cream! In fact, July is National Ice Cream Month, so let’s celebrate a bit! (I mean, you don’t have to twist my arm!)
I’ve created this very easy, but very pretty and tasty, ice cream treat that you can share with your family after dinner on your patio or with a friend, poolside. The ingredients are simple to prepare (like slicing strawberries and draining mandarin oranges) and easy to put together. It’s something you can quickly whip up without really having to think too much (after all, sometimes it’s just too hot to do anything, even think coherently!
It combines the tart flavor of Starburst sorbet with creamy whipped cream, a little bit of crunchy meringue (I even used chocolate dipped meringues to include a tiny bit of sweet chocolaty goodness), and beautifully delicate fruits of the season. It’s pretty much summer in a glass.
- 1 box of Orange Starburst Sorbet Bars (2.6-ounce 4-pack)
- 1 box of Strawberry Starburst Sorbet Bars (2.6-ounce 4-pack)
- chopped meringue cookies (bought or homemade… Here’s my easy meringue recipe!)
- sliced strawberries
- drained mandarin orange segments
- whipped cream
- wine glasses or mini trifle glasses
- Make sure that you have all of your ingredients sliced and prepared before you get the Starburst Sorbet Bars out of the freezer.
- Remove the packaging from the Starburst Sorbet Bars and remove the stick from the bar. It will pull out easily. Cut the ice cream into blocks. (You’ll use approximately 1 Orange Starburst Sorbet Bar and 1 Strawberry Starburst Sorbet Bar for each mini trifle, depending on how large your glass is.)
- Layer the ingredients in your glass: Orange Starburst Sorbet Bar chunks, mandarin oranges, chopped meringue cookies, whipped cream, Strawberry Starburst Sorbet Bar chunks, sliced strawberries, chopped meringue cookies, whipped cream.
- Garnish with a whole strawberry.
- Serve immediately.