Today, I’ve got a delicious Southern treat for you straight from Tif who blogs at Ramblings of a Southern Belle. Tif has been hanging out on my sidebar for the past month and she’s also contributing a $20 Amazon or Starbucks gift card for our February Sponsor Giveaway! (If you haven’t entered, you’ve got less than one day! Hurry, hurry!)
One of the best things about blogging is getting to meet so many different people from all around the world. Being a Southern gal, Tif shared with me a recipe from a Louisianan friend of hers. I made it last night for dinner (and now I only have 11 new dinners to try out on my 100 in 365) and wanted to share it with you!
Try out her delish recipe and then stop over at Tif’s blog and leave some comment love!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 8 ounces linguine
- 4 teaspoons cajun seasoning (Cajun Seasoning Mix or store-bought)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 thinly sliced green onion
- 2 – 4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 4 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl and toss to coat.
- In a pot, boil water and add pasta.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté chicken in butter or margarine until chicken is tender (about 5-7 minutes).
- Reduce heat. Add green onion, heavy cream, tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic powder, black pepper. Keep on stove until mixture is heated through.
- Pour over hot linguine and toss with Parmesan cheese.
Do you have a blog? A business? An organization? You can be a Jo, My Gosh! sponsor, too! For the month of February, use code OMG JMG for 50% off ANY ad space! That’s right! 50% off!