Who doesn’t love pizza? (If you don’t, I’m not sure I believe you!) I’m trying to make it a habit to try more new recipes, so hen I came across a recipe for a pepperoni pizza skillet recipe, I had to try it! The recipe originally comes from Taste of Home, but I made a few easy changes to amp up the veggies and tone down the calories and fat.
The recipe makes 8 generous servings and is honestly delicious as a microwaveable warm-up for lunch or leftovers.
- 5 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1 large chopped yellow onion
- 2 large chopped green peppers
- 1 1/2 cups chopped turkey pepperoni (I used Boar’s Head)
- 14 oz pizza or tomato sauce
- 14 oz of drained diced tomatoes
- 10 3/4 oz of condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Italian or Pizza seasonings to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese