There are so many resources available for veterans and transitioning members of the military that I thought I’d pull some together. Of course, this isn’t a complete list– please feel free to share the resources you’ve used or know of in the comments! I can’t wait to see what you say!
Job and Career Search Engines
- American Job Center: Compilation of private and public programs including Veterans Job Bank, VA for VETS, and Feds Hire Vets.
- USAJOBS and Feds Hire Vets: The government’s search engine and application portal for federal jobs.
- EBenefits: A federal website that has a Military Skills Translator, Profile and Resume Builder, and job search engine specifically for veterans.
- Military.com: A wealth of job and career information and resources for veterans including a list of national military-friendly employers.
- National Veterans Foundation: The website offers a job board, VA benefits board, and way to easily request assistance if it is needed.
- DAV: DAV hosts job fairs around the country specifically for veterans. The website also has a job search.
Training, Classes, and Education
- IVMF: Run through Syracuse University, has a wealth of information and resources open for all vets and spouses including educational opportunities through in-person and online training courses.
- Hire Heroes USA: Hire Heroes USA offers a multitude of career services including online career coaching services and in-person workshops.
- VETNET: A free service that offers career services specifically tailored to vets online through Google Hangouts and other events.
- GI Jobs: Includes a job finder, pay calculator, and school matchmaker. There are also other resources included for interview help.
- Military One Source: While the entire website is not focused towards career information, there is a very resource-rich section that could be helpful to transitioning and job-seeking vets
- Joining Forces: A compilation of programs and services for veterans.
- US Department of Labor: An updated list of new employment initiatives for veterans including Gold Card, a program designed specifically for Post-9/11 vets.
- Hiring Our Heroes: Hiring Our Heroes offers job fairs and online, one-on-one mentorship programs for spouses and veterans.
- National Association of County Veterans Service Officer: Find your county’s service officer for veterans. The website also provides other pertinent information relating to veterans affairs.
[Tweet “There are so many career resources for veterans– here are 16 of them! And they’re free!”]