I’m currently working on goodies for a box for John, and I have I got an original, healthy recipe for you! (And it’s really simple too, which is always a bonus!)
- 1/4 cup honey for a thin glaze (If you want a thicker, candy-like glaze, use 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups walnut halves
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the honey to a boil. Take off heat and stir down.
- Pour honey over walnuts and stir so the walnuts are evenly coated.
- Add cocoa and mix until it is incorporated with the glaze and walnuts.
- Spread nuts evenly on a cookie sheet and roast for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let nuts cool, stirring every so often to break up clumps (otherwise, you’ll have to chisel the nuts off the pan).
- Let cool and serve!
And in another really fun, completely unrelated note: today makes exactly five months until I’m shackled to John for life!