Yes. I hate the word “patty.” It’s such a weird word, and, since I’m a country girl at heart, it doesn’t help that whenever I hear it, it makes me think of cow patties. However, I do love me some York Peppermint Patties and Saint Patty’s Day ain’t bad either.
Here’s a (very easy) recipe that I experimented with as I was getting a Saint Patrick’s Day box together for John. The candies melt into the batter during baking, which gives the brownies a really light minty taste– it’s not overpowering in the slightest. Whip it up for something to nosh on tomorrow!
- 1 box of brownie mix (and the ingredients needed to make it)
- 10 York Peppermint Patties, smashed or broken into smaller pieces
- 8×8 baking pan
- Preheat your oven to the temperature outlined on your brownie mix box for an 8×8 pan.
- Mix together the ingredients needed to make brownie batter and spread half of the brownie batter in the bottom of the baking pan.
- Drop York Peppermint Patty pieces in an even layer across the brownie batter. Spread the rest of the batter so that you cover the candies.
- Bake for 55 minutes. (Note: The brownies will be exceptionally fudgy since the candies will melt into the batter. No worries– the brownies are done, they’re just very moist!)
Are you feeling lucky? Enter our Freakin’ Awesome March Giveaway and get an extra boost from the Irish this month!