This is my very, very last deployment care package post! (Yes, I got goosebumps typing that!)
John and I are big nerds when it comes to many things (I’m sure you haven’t figured that out at all over the past year), but none more than everything and anything having to do with Harry Potter. Last year, we visited The Wonderful Wizarding World of Harry Potter, tried on robes in the gift shops, and drank butterbeer. The year before, we we went to the final Harry Potter movie with a bunch of friends… and wands.
- From Hufflepuff– Hufflepuffs (Snickerdoodles)
- From Ravenclaw– a copy of Men’s Health (Because Ravenclaws pursue knowledge… even if it’s the knowledge of abs and mixing cocktails.)
- From Slytherin– Basilisk Eggs (mint chocolate chip cookies tinted with green dye)
- From Gryffindor– The Sword of Gryffindor (a plastic knife for the Harris Teeter tapanade and homemade Wheat Thins)
- 3 edible Snitches (DIY to follow tomorrow!)
I found a free printable for “Owl Post” and I used it for the box’s address label.
I printed out full-page crests of each house and used strips of colored paper to create the background. This was a medium flat rate box, so 8 x 11 card stock fit perfectly, horizontally; all I had to do was cut the strips! Short cuts are awesome!
If you love the movies or Harry Potter, you’ll have to check out two resources I’ve compiled for care packages! The first is every single Harry Potter care package I could find (along with recipes, gifts, printables, and DIYs). The second is a whole bunch of care packages inspired by a movie night.