It’s summer and you need beach snacks! What better snack than something that doesn’t need to be refrigerated, is healthy, and gives you that punch of protein?
Here’s a recipe I’ve experimented with and created, that I sent to John while he was deployed. He loved them, and I think you will too!
- 3 cups raw walnuts (pecans also work)
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- cinnamon to taste (at least 2 tablespoons)
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- In a large bowl, beat egg white until it is bubbly and the white is broken up. Add nuts to bowl and mix until nuts are evenly coated in egg white.
- Mix in cinnamon until nuts are evenly coated.
- Spread onto a cookie sheet, sprinkle sea salt over mixture, and bake at 20 minutes without stirring.