This summer, John and I aren’t close to the beach like we were last year– we’re close to a river. So close, in fact, that this spring we bought a kayak so that John can enjoy walking it down and going for a float. I get seasick if I kayak too long, so I’ll just be chilling on the riverbank, reading… and eating, of course!
And I’m going to be packing these easy-to-make lip smackers!
(Muahaha, John! Stay out paddling as long as you want!) This recipe will make one 9×13 pan of regularly-sized treats. However, if you really want to be generous, double the recipe and make them double-high!
The trick for this recipe is to work very quickly after you’ve added the chocolate so that it doesn’t become a muddy mess. But don’t worry– if the candy melts too quickly, they’re still just as delicious!
- 8 oz of peanut butter cups (I used Reese’s Minis), cut into small pieces and frozen
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 5 1/2 cups of marshmallows
- 6 cups of Rice Krispies or another puffed rice cereal
- In a large pot, melt the butter on low heat.
- Once butter has melted, add marshmallows and stir until the marshmallows have melted completely.
- Slowly mix in the Rice Krispies until completely coated in marshmallow.
- Remove the pot from the heat and quickly stir in the candy pieces. Dump the mixture into a 9×13 pan. Use a spatula to pack down the mixture. Cover and freeze.