This post is sponsored by Lindt HELLO, however all opinions, ideas, and goofy comments are entirely mine.
Now that Becky is a month into her service year and has an address, it’s time to start up the care package machine! It’s been hard to figure out which box to send first– I have four ideas already.
John and I wanted to send her a little something to say hello– and also something she could share with her co-workers, new friends, and house mom. Since she’s serving her year in a place with readily accessible stores, it’s easy for her to get the staples of what she needs. (Not to mention, she left the US with a suitcase that was full to bursting. It was pretty amazing that she could navigate the intercontinental flight with it. I think she must have extra muscles hidden, somewhere.)
It needed to be share-able and fun. So of course we chose… chocolate. (What is more fun than chocolate, really?)
Here’s the box– made with markers and scrapbook paper… and lots of chocolate!
- Lindt HELLO bars
- a bag of Lindt HELLO mini sticks
- Lindt HELLO sticks
- a bag of chocolate drops
- brownie mix
- hot chocolate mixes
- chocolate sandwich cookies
- letters, of course!
Sooo… real talk, here: Becky started out getting three of the Lindt HELLO Salted Caramel sticks. John and I ended up splitting it while I was working on the box because, well, salted caramel. (Sorry, Becky. We’re only human.) And believe it or not, these were literally (and I’m not joking) the last Lindt HELLO bars I could buy at Target– the display was totally ransacked. (It looked like Vikings had gotten there before me.) I was hoping to pick up one of each flavor, but no dice. I really hope they restock soon– they’ll have some angry customers on their hands if they don’t
And by the way, yes. These bars are delicious. They’re rectangles of chocolate with delicious fillings– caramel brownie, nougat, coconut, strawberry cheesecake, cookies and creme, salted caramel…
If you’re an Ashley Tisdale or rom-com fan, Lindt is premiering its online show, “It Started with HELLO.” There’ll be a new webisode every week (and you can choose the endings to the episodes, too!)
5 Weeks of Prizes – Connect with Someone You Love or Someone New!
To enter the sweepstakes, visit the Lindt HELLO Sweet Connections Sweepstakes Landing Page and enter your email address. Entries can be made daily for additional chances to win the below prizes.
- Week 1: Table for Two (9/10 – 9/16)
- Week 2: Double the Fun (9/17 – 9/39)
- Week 3: Girls Just Want to Have Fun (9/24 – 9/30)
- Week 4: Sweet Staycation (10/1 – 10/7)
- Week 5: Besties Reunion (10/8 – 10/14)
* No purchase necessary. Open to legal residents of the 50 U.S. & D.C., 18 years or older (19 in AL or NE and 21 in MS). Void where prohibited. See Rules at for weekly sweepstakes entry periods, prize descriptions, odds and other details. Ends Noon on 10/14/14. Void where prohibited. Sponsor: Lindt & Sprüngli (USA) Inc., One Fine Chocolate Place, Stratham, NH 03885.