This post is sponsored by Milk & Co. All opinions are my own.
When John was deployed, I spent a lot of time worrying. (Surprise, surprise!) I worried about the normal things… a lot. But I didn’t always worry about what you’d might expect– I mean, I never expected to worry about it either. I worried about the quality of air he was breathing (thanks, burn pits) and if there would be repercussions later with lung disease.
I worried about the kinds of food he was eating, especially when the DFAC cut its hours and, because of his schedule, he rarely had access to food that wasn’t packaged.
And I worried about his skin care. Scratch that. I worried about his lack of skin care and the possible long-term damage he was doing to his skin.
I know, it’s the thing you’d least likely worry about when someone you love goes to war. But there it is. If you’re someone like me, you tend to worry about a whole bunch of different things.
But all of those things are valid to worry about, because they all have to deal with the long-term health of the person I love. And I’m very invested in keeping him healthy and handsome for a long, long, loooooong time.
I have a solution for you if you’ve ever been in the same boat and have wanted to up your dude’s skincare game. A care package.
Oh yes. Didn’t you know, care packages can solve everything during deployment? (Okay, maybe not everything. But just about…)
Create the Look:
- A small USPS Priority box
- Paper shreds/filler
- 1 sheet of patterned scrapbook paper
- 1 piece of card stock in a coordinating color
- Double-sided tape or glue
- A white chalkboard paint marker (or a coordinating color)
- Trace the top of the USPS Priority box on the backside of the scrapbook paper. Cut it out and, using double-sided tape, mount it to the box.
- Grab your chalkboard paint marker and some practice sheets of paper. I suggest using a sheet of the same card stock when you practice– it really does make a difference! The chalkboard marker will be a little different on paper than chalkboard. The paint will soak in and spread a little over the paper. You’ll most likely have to go over the lettering at least twice to get a real “chalkboard” look.
- Get goofy and have fun decorating the piece of card stock with this phrase: “For your riiiiiiiiiight face!”
- Fill the box with paper shreds and nestle facial products into it.
And now for the contents of your manly care package: Milk & Co. products! Milk & Co. is actually an Australian company created by the Olympian, Michael Klim. (So it’s even more manly, right?) John’s been using the Face Wash + Scrub and Ultra Light Moisturiser for about the last month and we’ve both been pleased with the results.
I really love that they’re made from natural ingredients– including the scrub. We’ve decided to no longer purchase products with microbeads (they wreak havoc on the ecosystem, especially for marine life), so it’s awesome to have found a product that still provides exfoliation for a dude’s face that gets 5 o’clock shadow at like 1 PM. It’s also not tested on animals and has 100% recycled packaging.
And, selfishly, I really like the smell. It’s light and non-chemically (because it uses essential oils instead) and smells approximately a bazillion times better than the other facial products John has used before. (One smelled like celery. It was weird…)
In the box:
- 5 oz Face Wash + Scrub
- 5 oz Ultra Light Moisturiser
These two bottles fit perfectly in a small USPS Priority box. If you want to tuck a few other things into the box, there’s enough room.
Other products you could add:
- shaving cream
- a small shower scrub
- fingernail clippers
- hand care products
If you’d like to try products from Milk & Co., use MILK25OFF on Amazon for your first purchase. You’ll receive 25% off your purchase. Not looking for men’s products right now? Milk & Co. also has a skincare line for kiddos that is available on Amazon as well.
Calling All Milspouses!
Okay, the goodies keep coming for this post! Milk & Co. is looking for brand ambassadors and is focusing on military spouses. If you are highly driven by the idea of changing the beauty and skincare industry by bringing safer and more effective products to market, come join the Milk & Co team! Please submit resumes here and indicate that you are a military spouse in your cover letter.
And Finally… a Giveaway!
Win Milk & Co.’s Face Wash + Scrub and Ultra Light Moisturiser! Boom. I just solved your next care package dilemma. Make sure you enter…and good luck!