This week, I’m doing something I’ve never done before! Woo! From April 22nd to April 26th, Julie of Natural and Free and I are hosting a Spring Fling via a great little link-up party! Link up anything spring– recipes, crafts, gardening, spring pictures… If it’s spring-related, we want it (just no giveaways or other link-up parties, please)!
If you’re a regular reader, you already know that I’ve been trying to send healthy, homemade snacks to John. I’ve sent him a lot of different nut mixes over the past 10 1/2 months. These are my own creation. I’m fond of them, but after trying them, John said he was partial to the cinnamon sugar nut mix I sent earlier this month. Try it for yourself and see which one of us has the better taste!
- 3 cups raw, unsalted walnuts
- 1 egg white
- lemon pepper spice mix to taste (at least 1 tablespoon)
- Preheat oven to 300 F.
- In a large bowl, beat egg white until it is bubbly and the white is broken up. Add nuts to bowl and mix until nuts are evenly coated in egg white.
- Mix in lemon pepper until nuts are evenly coated.
- Spread onto a cookie sheet and bake at 20 minutes without stirring.