This week, I’m going to be posting a lemon-flavored recipe a day. I don’t know about you, but nothing says “Spring” like lemon! On Monday, I shared a recipe for to-die-for Lemon Creme Oatmeal Bars. Tuesday brought a Lemon Pepper Roasted Walnuts recipe. Yesterday was a recipe for Low-Cal Lemon Cornbread Cookies.Today, are Krispy Pinwheels!
My friend and co-worker, Fitz, asked me to make these after a faculty meeting one day. She showed me the picture on Pinterest– it was just Rice Krispy treats and icing! Here’s how you do it!
(Note: When I made these, I dyed them blue… Use whatever food coloring you want to dye the icing into a pretty spring pastel!)
- Rice Krispy treat mixture that is still warm and pliable (If you need a recipe, here’s the original!)
- A can of vanilla or cream cheese frosting
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon extract
- Press the treat mixture evenly into a jelly roll pan. (Use a rubber spatula or a plastic snack bag over your hand to minimize the stickiness.)
- Mix the extract into the can of icing and spread icing evenly across treats.
- From one end, roll sheet tightly without breaking the sheet.
- If icing is a little soupy, refrigerate for 5-10 minutes.
- Cut in 1/2-1 inch slices. Refrigerate until serving. Before serving, let sit until room temperature.