Compensation for this post was provided by Defense Mobile via MSB New Media. All opinions expressed in this piece are my own.
When John was deployed, he had no issues with his cell phone company. They worked well with him and, in fact, a day after he returned home, they had his phone line up and working again. (I attribute it to this simple fact: we just happened to sit down with a customer service rep who was prior Navy. He knew exactly what a pain getting everything back in order and up and running after deployment is.)
I know that that story is an anomaly. In a world of most people hating or feeling taken by their phone company, John managed to squeeze through an entire year of not having to fight with the phone company or worry that his number wouldn’t be turned back on. And that’s pretty rare.
Enter Defense Mobile. Defense Mobile is a new phone company– and the only one that specifically caters to the needs of military families… because they’re made up of military and veteran families too. If you are serving, have served, or are a military spouse, you are eligible to take advantage of the benefits of Defense Mobile’s cell phone services. It’s like having that prior Navy customer service rep… but instead of one, an entire staff of them. That’s right– Defense Mobile’s entire customer service staff is made up of veterans. They get it.
What you need to know:
- Defense Mobile runs on AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon which gives their customers the strongest cell signals and 4G data service.
- Regardless of where the military sends you– through a PCS, TDY, or if you retire or separate– you won’t have to switch carriers.
- Defense Mobile understands military families and is sensitive to their needs and obstacles. A majority of Defense Mobile’s executives are vets and as are 100% of their customer service Member Care Team.
- In the coming month, Defense Mobile will be available online and at RadioShack nationwide.They will also be available on military installations shortly.
- Defense Mobile’s customers will be able to purchase the latest phones– just as they would be able to with any other service provider. Yes, that includes the iPhone 6.
- Only Defense Mobile customers are able to take advantage of their exclusive applications including miliCASH (a banking app with a pre-approved, pre-paid MasterCard with cash-back rewards), miliSOURCE (an app for veterans and their families to access benefits and serves from the VA), and miliMAIL (a service that offers members an email address that displays and confirms their military branch affiliation).
Find out if you’re eligible:
These benefits are exclusive only to military families:
- Active, retired, and honorably separated officers and enlisted personnel of the U.S. Military including the Reserve and National Guard.
- Officer candidates in commissioning programs (Academy, ROTC, OCS/OTS).
- Military spouses and dependents of verified members of Defense Mobile
- Widows and widowers of those who have served in the U.S. Military.
- Medal of Honor recipients. Those who are recipients receive free service for life.
What you need to do:
Defense Mobile is offering pre-registration for their exclusive Charter Membership. Your pre-registration is non-binding and has no commitment requirements. It just means that you’ll nab a spot on their Charter Membership list when you sign a contract.
Charter Membership benefits include:
- 50% off your first 3 months of service
- Priority access to special pre-orders of the newest phone models
- Access to offers and savings opportunities throughout the year
To sign up:
Pre-register for Charter Membership to Defense Mobile by clicking on the community that most closely represents you and your military branch affiliation. You’ll be taken to a landing page where you can complete the process. Easy, peasy! And you’ll have access to a ton of free apps and services– not to mention a service team that understands you and your military lifestyle.
For more information:
Take a minute to watch Defense Mobile’s video: