I absolutely love sharing care packages from other military spouses and significant others around the world! Meet Jamie, a fellow Navy wife. Jamie and her family currently reside in Spain and are going through a naval deployment. Jamie’s husband is forward deployed which means “he can deploy at a moment’s notice.” Jamie does an awesome job of incorporating her two little boys in making the care packages. Her attitude is fantastic– both realistic and optimistic: “We hate deployments as much as the next military family but making care packages makes time go by and allows us to have fun making them… and my husband LOVES receiving them.”
This idea is so sweet. Jamie was able to leave this care package in her husband’s rack (bunk) before he shipped out, so he not only had a surprise, he had a little extra love from home right away.
Jamie used colorful wrapping paper to decorate the box and wrapped or decorated some of the items in the box– it’s such a lively, uplifting package!
- water bottle for workouts
- ping-pong balls for a game
- 5-Hour Energy Shots
- gummy bears with a note (“Life will be unbearable without you.”)
- Open When letters that included a bedtime story Jamie’s sons made up for when their dad can’t sleep, a piece of bubble wrap for stressful times, knock-knock jokes and funny pictures for when a laugh is needed
- life-sized hugs (Jamie’s sons made and decorated these. They are absolutely adorable.)
Really, how cute are these hugs for their dad?!